Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bundt Cake #16: Red Velvet


I made this for my husband and his family.  My husband ate his first piece and then called me the Devil.  That's because he went back and ate at least 3 more pieces.  If you like red velvet, you'll looooooove this bundt cake.  I ate 2 pieces myself.  Nothing is more festive at Christmas time than a red velvet cake.

Shopping List
1 box of red velvet cake mix
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cups of water
4 eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
3-4 splashes milk
red sprinkles, optional
 
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease (I use Pam) a 10 inch bundt pan

In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water and eggs with electric mixer.  Add in chocolate chips.  Pour into prepared bundt pan.

Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes.  Then, invert cake onto serving plate to finish cooling. 

To make the frosting, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and milk until creamy.  Spread on cooled cake and top with sprinkles.

14 days until Christmas!!

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

Kathy said...

This cake looks wonderful. I have a couple of questions.... there is no butter in the frosting, is this a typo? Also, is it best to keep it refrigerated because of the cream cheese? I LOVE your blogs. You have such a gift for writing and I appreciate how you speak from the heart.

Mix and Match Mama said...

Nope, not a typo! It's a pure cream cheese frosting, no butter required!

Kathy said...

Thanks for answering my question on the frosting. I made this cake to take to church. It was amazing! The pudding makes it so moist and who doesn't love chocolate chips? I'll definitely make it again. It's a winner! :-)

M Moses said...

help! i just wanted to know if instead of a bundt pan i could use 2 cake pans instead? i need to make a birthday cake. i believe they are 8 inch rounds. thank you.

Mix and Match Mama said...

Yes!! You would just need to cook them a shorter amount of time...probably around 16 to 18 minutes. Enjoy!

M Moses said...

thank you for answering so quickly! i am so happy and relieved! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...