Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bundt Cake #45: Cherry Limeade


My favorite drink at Sonic...a Cherry Limeade.  On the hot days of summer (all 200 of them in Texas!), one has to indulge in a cold drink to cool you down.  I combined my favorite cold drink with my favorite little cake recipe.  So refreshing and light!  Love.

Shopping List
1 box of white cake mix
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 can of limeade concentrate, thawed and divided
1/2 cup Grenadine (or cherry juice...whatever you have), divided
 4 eggs
2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease (I use Pam) a 10 inch bundt pan

In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, 1 1/4 cups limeade, 2 tablespoons Grenadine and eggs with electric mixer. Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes.  Then, invert the cake onto a serving plate.  

To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar with splashes of reserved limeade and grenadine.  Combine until you get the right consistency.  Add more powdered sugar if it's too thin and more limeade if it's too thick.  Spoon glaze over cooled cake.

I was trying to photograph this cake and a little munchkin kept eating the cherries off the plate.


This is me in my pjs, without makeup, in the backyard, with my cherry stealing 3 year old, photographing this cake :).


I came back inside and found a cherry stealing 2 year old eating the cherries I had out on the counter.


Then I saw him pick up a lime wedge.  I warned him that he wouldn't like it...


...but he just didn't listen.


Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I am loving all of your recipes, and will be buying myself a bundt pan soon! I'm excited to see you on the Bachelorette tonight.

Anonymous said...

I have some cherry limeade juice at home, and I was wondering if I could use this instead of the Grenandine and the concentrate, and how much should I use?

Mix and Match Mama said...

Yes! You can totally use that instead. Use 1 1/4 cups in the cake batter portion and then just some splashes in the glaze (use enough to get the right consistency). Great question! Thank you!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Yum!! I love Sonic cherry limeades too, so will definitely have to try this! The pictures of your kiddos are too cute. :)

Tracy said...

I'm obsessed with Sonic's cherry limeade. We don't have a Sonic near our house so whenever I pass one I have to stop for a drink. I came across your blog looking for something with the cherry limeade flavor. This looks delicious and I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!

John and Court said...

I must confess that I found your blog through some google searches related to this season's Bachelorette, haha. BUT I am sooo glad I did! Your recipes look simple and super yummy which is what we like around here!!

My bundt cake is in the oven right now!! I'm sure it'll be a hit for my girlfriends who are having a get together at my house tonight after the kids are asleep...we're wild and crazy like that =)

Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

I made this for a party and people were RAVING about how delicious and moist it was! Thanks for the recipe!

Mary said...

Can I use a regular pound cake pan or a 9x13? I probably need to invest in a bundt pan.

Mix and Match Mama said...

Tube Pans (normally used for angel food cakes and such) can work for this recipe. They're not the exact same, so keep an eye on the cooking time. You might need to cook it a bit less.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...