Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dinner Tonight: Hawaiian Chicken


This marinade was sooooo yummy!  Andrew was impressed and even asked if it came out of a bottle...no way Jose!  I don't use bottled marinades...I like to make them myself (he should really know better...).  Super simple, super yummy, the perfect grilled chicken.

Shopping List
4 chicken breasts (or use thighs...whatever you like)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup soy sauce or Hoisin sauce
1 (15 oz) can pineapple chunks (keep the pineapple juice from the can!)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced

Preheat the outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high.  (I'm sure you could even bake this chicken at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and it would be delicious too.)

In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, the juice from your canned pineapple (reserve the chunks for garnishing), ginger and garlic with a fork.  Add chicken to marinade mixture, cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to all day.

When you're ready to grill, remove the chicken from marinade and grill 6-7 minutes per side.  Remove from grill and top with the reserved pineapple chunks.

That's it!  Sweet and a little spicy...a delicious grilled chicken dinner.  Aloha!

Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yum! Anything with pineapple is a winner.

Maureen W. (Maryland) said...

I must confess I am a bottled marinade user, but yours is so easy I may give it a try. I like to grill fruit, so I would probably use rings i.l.o. chunks, but either way great sweet/savory combo. :)

Aubs said...

totally going on our menu for next week ~ looks delish! hope you had a great 4th!

Aubs said...

so i told you on twitter last night (@mommaaubs) that i was mixing the marinade for this chicken and we had it tonight for dinner! SOOOO good! the whole family ate it! (and it isn't easy to find something everyone likes!) thanks again for sharing your recipes!

JenniferW said...

Shay,

Love this recipe! I made it in the oven, 375 for about 45 minutes, left out the brown sugar, and added the pineapple chunks toward the end of cooking, served it with rice and broccoli--family loved it! So yummy and easy. Thanks!

Raquel said...

Just made this for supper and it came out soooo good! Made it on my grill pan and at the end after all the chicken was cooked and out of the pan i added the pineapples and grilled those a bit. Definitely saving this recipe!

Kirstin said...

I just made this tonight and it was a big hit at my house. I turned it in to a bit of a theme night with Hawaiian rolls and "Shirley Temple" drinks for the kids with little drink umbrellas. I found a Hawaiian music station on Pandora and got out Hawaiian shirts for my boys (2 and 4 yrs old). It was super corny but we had a lot of fun and my kids loved it! Thanks for a great recipe!

Stephanie said...

Oooo, tried this with pork chops last night and it was a total hit. My 7 year old didn't even want Daddy to take the left overs to work so he could have them himself for lunch. I wasn't sure how it would taste on the pork, but it was perfect!! Thanks so much!

Stephanie said...

Oh, and for the 3/4 cup soy or housin, I did half and half. Yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...