Monday, December 31, 2012

Pamper yourself this New Year!

Hello 2013!  I am such a fall girl that it sometimes makes me sad to usher in January.  However, if I have some special little treats awaiting me in January, I get more and more excited about the dreary winter months and I start looking forward to spring.  I really, really put some thought into today's post.  I thought about all of the little things that I personally have in my home that make my day to day life more special...some things are simple, some a bit more expensive...but they all make me smile and help me pamper myself on a daily basis.  (And busy women need a little pampering!).  I hope you see a few things below that you can add to your daily routine that might make you feel a little pampered yourself.  Happy 2013!
 
 


I just love, love, love this nail polish!  The color is a great copper tone...it goes on smooth and lasts forever.  After the dark colors of fall and bright reds of Christmas, my hands could use a more subtle shine.  This color does it for me!

 
Oribe Apres Beach Spray

Ahhh yes...my beachy hair.  I am nothing if not a beachy hair girl.  This spray assists me.  I've never found it in stores, so I've always ordered it online.  One bottle will last you all year.  Spray your hair when it's damp and either let it air dry or blow dry with a diffuser.  It's the perfect assistant to beachy hair. 

 
 
 
I just got my first North Face Fleece in December.  I seriously consider wearing it every.single.day.  I might even wear it to church.  It's so soft and comfy and yet so warm at the same time (without being bulky!).  It washes beautifully and looks polished thrown over anything (even old gym clothes).  I'm officially obsessed with The North Face.
 
 
 

Old Navy Ribbed Tank

I know what you're thinking?  A cheap tank???  Yes!  I wear an Old Navy ribbed tank every day.  I sleep in them, work out in them, wear them under clothes for an extra layer.  I have dozens.  The reason why they stand out to me...they're inexpensive, they don't shrink, and they're long!  There is nothing worse in my opinion than a short tank...I want a long one to layer with.  These are absolute perfection.  Go ahead and order 4...or 5...or 10.  You won't regret it.

 
 

Fresh Food Fast

In January, I'm ready to move on to some fresh and figure friendly food.  After the heaviness of holiday fare, a good cookbook with inspiring ways to prepare healthy, hearty and yummy food fast is a necessity to me.  I bought this cookbook last January and love it!




 
 

 
It's still cold outside but that doesn't mean you have to layer in drab colors!  I love this bright yellow scarf.  It's warm and bright at the same time.  The perfect addition to a dreary winter day.
 
 
 
 



Did you know Old Navy rocks at outerwear?  Well, it does!  I have this coat (surprise, surprise...I'm a coat addict...) and it is super cute and really warm.  Plus, it's at a great price (especially considering it's outerwear!).

 

Every January, people start a fitness routine (whether they stick to it or not is another story!)...I always start mine in a pair of Saucony sneakers.  I've completed two marathons in these shoes.  They're perfect for running, spinning or group classes.  They're also perfect for just walking around the block.  These are my go-to for a fitness shoe.

 
 
 
 
Hello my name is Shay and I have an addiction to nice bags.  I consider them art.  This bag is the perfect size and I just love the color.  A pink tote will brighten up any outfit all year long.
 
 
My big secret!  I love these tanning towels!!  Instead of applying a liquid tanner, you use one of these for an all-over glorious faux tan.  They also really tone up your skin and make it glow.  These are magnificent!
 
 
 
 
 
 
When the wavy hair gets a little unruly, I turn to this!  A great tool for adding curl (or wave) to your hair.  It's also super inexpensive!
 
 
 
After the heavy scents of fall, I'm always ready for something light in January.  I'm a huge fan of Jo Malone but her Orange Blossom scent is my favorite.  It's light and wonderful.  I love wearing it in winter because it really makes me think of spring.  It also makes me think of London...
 
 
 
Oh how I love the Multiple!  This little stick of genius changed my makeup life!  It's a blush, a bronzer, a highlighter, a lipstick and an eye shadow in one.  It's that little something that really wakes up my skin and makes me look all dewy and glowy.  It's fabulous!  You really must have one too!
 
 
 

 
I read about Beauty Blenders for years before ever buying one.  They are egg shaped makeup sponges that help you apply your foundation or tinted moisturizer.  You dampen them ever so slightly and then add your makeup...they blend everything into your skin flawlessly.  One always last me an entire year.  I just keep washing it out every week or so and it will stay in great condition.  This should really be a staple in your makeup drawer.
 
 
 
 
And last but certainly not least...my Clarisonic.  This baby cleanses like none other.  Since buying mine two years ago, I've practically removed zits from my life.  I love this thing.  Love it.  It's seriously bettered my life.
 
 
Ok...a few of my favorite things to start off the new year.  I hope you mix and match some things and find your own special items to make you feel happy and cheerful this winter.  Happy 2013!
 
 


Print Friendly and PDF

21 comments:

Narci D said...

Love this post! So many fun things to try!!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness said...

So many things for me to try now! I love this post! I am a beauty product addict so I can't wait to try everything on here ;)

Aubs said...

I LOVE your favorite things posts!! i've totally found some great new things to love through these posts!!! i'm a tank layering kinda girl too but have never tried old navy's ~ will definitely check them out! and that nail polish is gorgeous! =)

Marie Matter said...

LOVE your recommendations! I have an embarrassingly massive collection of NARS Multiples... they are the best! I love those running shoes, and I'm thinking I need to treat myself to a Clarisonic, finally. :)

Rachel Knows Best said...

I really need some new workout shoes. I will have to try these out. I like to let my hair air dry and have natural waves. That beach waves spray might be just the product I need. I also wear ribbed tank tops everyday. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! Which shade do you use of the Nars? I'm about your same complexsion. Thanks!

jen said...

Love this list! I loved reading about your favorite products! So fun! Would you maybe do a post of all your favorite cleaning products for January? I am always looking for great new cleaning products/tips and your home always looks so neat and clean! Happy New Year!

Jenna said...

This is one of my favorite posts! I love trying out new things! Thanks for sharing your favorites!

Anonymous said...

Am now very curious about the Beauty Blenders!! Do you recommend the cleaner for it as well??
Thx for sharing your favs!!
xx

Amy said...

Thank you so much for this!!! I definitely see some things I want to try :)

AmyJo said...

I have ALWAYS been an OPI girl, but recently started using Essie and it stays on so much longer without chipping. I'm loving it.

And I love my clarasonic that I got in October for my bday!

Looking forward to some of these other fun things!

beth said...

Essie nail polish makes me so happy! Definitely a cheap "pick me up"! I use tanning towelettes all year long (I keep my face covered in the summer, so I need them on my face so it matches my body!). I use Loreal ones, but I need to check these out.

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Great list friend! My fanny is about to start working out again (UGH!)...maybe I need a cute pair of shoes like that to motivate me.

Maureen W. (Maryland) said...

You should get paid for endorsing your favorite things!! What a great list at a broad range of price points. I'm always willing to try something on a friend's recommendation.

meg said...

I love this post! Thanks for the great ideas!

Brooke said...

Where have you been all my life? I just might have to buy everything on your list. Thanks for the fun ideas!

Stephanie A said...

"Pamper Yourself This New Year" is one of my favorite blog posts! I love reading your fave products' lists. I agree with you on several of these must-haves - Oribe haircare smells heavenly, the BeautyBlender ensures a professionally-applied airbrushed look, the Mia is a must-first-step in any skincare regime and Jo Malone's fragrances are heavenly and are not headache-inducing. Have you tried the new Jo Malone "Blackberry and Bay"? It is so clean-smelling and out of this world! xo

Summer said...

What color Nars Multiple do you recommend?

Mix and Match Mama said...

I use the Nars Multiple in Orgasim. It's perfect!

Anonymous said...

I just bought the beach hair stuff but have no idea how to use it- help!!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

This is how I use the beach spray...I spray it on my damp hair and then I let it air dry (or if I have to dry it with a hair dryer, I don't brush it out...just dry it while scrunching it with my fingers). I think damp hair works best. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...