Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dinner Tonight: Slow Cooker Stroganoff


We love us some Beef Stroganoff over at the Shull house.  I usually make my Hamburger Stroganoff but decided on this night to try and make one in my slow cooker (because I'm slow cooker obsessed!).  This turned out beautifully!  I used stew meat from my local grocery store but you can absolutely substitute with flank steak or beef tips...whatever you are happy with.  I love the stew meat because it's already tender and cut into one inch pieces.  Whichever meat you chose, just make sure it's cut into pieces and that you brown it.  After that, dinner will be cooking away in your kitchen all day.  Delightful!

Shopping List
1 1/2 to 2 pounds of stew meat
1 onion, chopped
1 can beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound egg noodles
chopped rosemary to garnish
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt and Pepper


Over medium-high heat, brown your stew meat in a tablespoon of EVOO and some salt and pepper (about 5 minutes).  Transfer meat into your slow cooker.

Layer onion, broth, cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.  Cover and cook on low 6 hours or on high 3 hours.

About 30 minutes before you're ready to eat, move heat to high on your slow cooker and add in your noodles.  Continue cooking uncovered until noodles are tender (about 30 minutes).  Sprinkle chopped rosemary to garnish.

Simple, right?  Now...cozy up with a big bowl and watch some TV.  Make sure you're wearing your fuzzy socks.  Fuzzy socks just seem to go with a cozy dinner like this.


Print Friendly and PDF

18 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Beef Strogonoff and fuzzy socks sounds PERFECT! This looks YUMMY!

Marie Matter said...

YAY for this recipe! Beef stroganoff is one of my husband's favorite meals, and I've been looking for a good crockpot recipe to make it for him. This one, with that cream cheese, is a winner! Love, love, love!

Narci D said...

Seriously LOVE this! Sounds so warm and cozy and EASY! Definitely going to try it! :)

Sarah Tucker said...

Yum! This is my go-to meal when I am feelin' lay-zzzz!

Aubs said...

oh fuzzy socks....yes!! and beef stroganoff? sounds delish!! =)

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Wait....you cook the noodles IN the slow cooker?!?! Genius!!!! Can't wait to make this, Kevin loves beef stroganoff.

Sarah Crosby said...

i have been wanting to try something like this. my husband asks for beef pretty much every day of his life. excited to try this!

Stephanie said...

Yum! I am all about my slow cooker lately, that thing is magic. This looks great!

AlyciaMealy said...

looks delicious!!!

xoxo
alycia

www.alyciamealy.blogspot.com

margaret said...

This is weird, but do you think I could sub yogurt for cream cheese? Or maybe go halfsies?

Mix and Match Mama said...

I would not substitute yogurt in this recipe since you're cooking it in the slow cooker. Yogurt won't do well in a slow cooker. You could omit the cream cheese altogether if you like...it would still be delicious!

Marie Matter said...

Shay, I have this cooking right now, and my house smells so good I want to cry. Can't wait to taste this one!

Heather said...

Hi Shay! What size can of beef broth did you use? I tried this recipe last night but I'm pretty sure I messed it up. When I put the noodles in, I cooked it covered instead of uncovered and the sauce was virtually gone by the time 30 minutes was up - whoops! Funny enough, it was still good but I need to give it another try. Just curious about the beef broth since all of my sauce evaporated! Thanks!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Hi Heather! I use a 14.5 oz can of broth. You might have used too many noodles (and they absorbed the sauce). That would be my guess. I'm glad you still liked it though! Have a great day!

Mickie Pho said...

So easy! My boyfriend is a low carb living man. Just this for him and omitted the egg noodles. :-)

Lynn {A Taste of Country} said...

I had the same issue with the sauce drying up after I added the egg noodles. It still tasted good though!!

Lisa said...

I tried this recipe tonight! It was delish! I did add some more beef broth before I added the noodles just due some of the previous comments saying the noodles soaked up the sauce. It was wonderful. I will be making this a lot this winter.

Polka Dot Blossom said...

We had this last night for dinner and it was a hit with everyone! We have had a lot of stroganoff over the years, and my hubby said it was the best he's ever had!! And in a slow cooker? Double score! Thanks for this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...