Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bundt Cake #76: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut


How have I not done this cake before?  Please tell me how?  White chocolate and macadamia nuts are a perfect combination!  They are sweethearts.  You should bake this cake on Valentine's Day and share a piece with your sweetheart.  It's a match made in heaven.  


Shopping List
1 box of white cake mix
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cups water
4 eggs
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, toasted and divided (see below)
1 jar store bought cream cheese frosting


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease (I use Pam) a 10 inch bundt pan

In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water and eggs with electric mixer. Stir in 3/4 cup toasted macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes. Then, invert the cake onto a serving plate to finish cooling.  


Frost cooled cake with your cream cheese frosting and garnish with your remaining macadamia nuts.


To toast my macadamia nuts, I just put them in a clean, dry pan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes (stirring often).  They'll brown up quickly, so don't look away.  Delicious and simple!

Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

RachelZoe said...

My dad LOVES white chocolate and macadamia nuts, this sounds like something he would really enjoy! Because of you, I bought my first bundt cake pan this weekend and I'm looking forward to using it! Thanks for the wonderful recipes!!

-Rachel Tapscott

Ashley D said...

Yummmmy!!! You always make amazing food that looks fabulous! Where can one sign up for Shay cooking classes?:)

Natalie said...

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut?!?! My goodness, that does sound good. I love your creativity for all of the bundt cakes! I'm gluten-free, but that's OK, I'm sure I can adapt :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi! My father in law loves white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and I want to make this for his Bday. I was wondering what size eggs you use and also do you think that chopping up the nuts in a food processor would be a good idea? Thanks!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I always use a large organic egg. I personally like the texture of the larger macadamia nuts...but it would still taste delicious coarsely ground.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...