Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bundt Cake #82: Hazelnut Cream


When I think of Easter, I think of white cakes.  (Well, first I think of Jesus dying on the cross for my sins, but then, I think of white cakes.)  I like to do a white cake every Easter.  Last year, I did Coconut, but this year, Hazelnut Cream.  I think you'll find it festive and delicious.  And hey...who's to say you couldn't throw a few jelly beans on top?  It's your cake and your Easter...go for it.


Shopping List
1 box of white cake mix
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cups water
4 eggs
1 (16 oz) bottle of Hazelnut coffee creamer, divided
1 can cream cheese frosting



Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease (I use Pam) a 10 inch bundt pan

In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water and eggs with electric mixer.  Pour into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes. Then, invert the cake onto a serving plate to finish cooling.  While the cake is still warm, take the handle end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all the way around the top of the cake (try and visualize one hole in each slice of cake...so about 15 holes).  Drizzle your hazelnut creamer over the top of the cake into the holes.  Let your cake cool.

Take your store bought cream cheese frosting and add 2 tablespoons of hazelnut creamer to it.  Stir to incorporate.  Frost your cooled cake with your hazelnut frosting.

And perhaps, top your cake with a few jelly beans :).

Easter joy!

Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

Laura said...

This looks delicious! I found you from Pearls, Handcuffs & Happy Hour :) I have followed her so long and have been away from blogging while I started up YouTube Beauty videos for awhile and missed your guest post on her page! I was excited when I saw it was you! First of all, your brother is an amazing guy, but your family is so wonderful! I was so happy there was finally a Christian Bachelor and to top it off a wonderful genuine family shown on TV. You and your family are such warm beautiful people! I'm so happy to have found your blog because I love cooking and I like following the lives of sweet, genuine people!
Take care and thanks for sharing with us!

Kimberly said...

Oh my mom loves hazelnut. I have to make this for her!! (To bad her birthday was last month, we'll just have to make a cake for fun!)

Susan Pentz said...

Allergic to hazelnuts....bummer!

Lauren said...

I think of the white bunny cake my grandmother made EVERY Easter that I wanted to eat so bad but wouldn't because she would put shredded coconut all over to make the "fur". I hated coconut. Random story but it's the white cake that comes to mind at Easter! ;)

Tiffany said...

"First I think of Jesus dying on the cross for my sins, and then I think of white cake." Ha! Priorities ;)

Love hazelnut. This is a winner, for sure!

Keri Ronk said...

What size creamer did you use? Thanks!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Hi Keri! I had a typo and you caught it! Thank you!! I've updated the recipe :).

Sarah Crosby said...

yum.... obsessed with hazelnut!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...