Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bundt Cake #88: Banana Cream Pie


Banana Pudding is one of Andrew's favorite desserts.  Well, actually Banana Pudding that doesn't have banana in it, is one of Andrew's favorite desserts.  He loves the flavor of banana in the dessert, just not big chunks of banana pieces.  

So...I set out to create a bundt cake with the same philosophy...banana pudding flavor without chunky pieces of bananas inside.  The result?  A flippin' fabulous bundt cake!  This cake will delight even the pickiest banana pudding people in your life.


Shopping List
1 box of yellow cake mix
2 small boxes of instant banana pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cups water
4 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
3 cups powdered sugar
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
3-4 splashes milk
Crushed up pieces of Nilla Wafers to garnish



Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease (I use Pam) a 10 inch bundt pan

In medium sized mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water and eggs with electric mixer.  Beat in mashed up bananas.  Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes. Then, invert the cake onto a serving plate to finish cooling.

  To make the frosting, combine powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and milk with an electric mixer.  Beat until frosting reaches desired consistency.  (Add more powdered sugar if it's too runny and more milk if it's too thick).  Frost cooled cake and top with crushed up pieces of Nilla Wafer cookies.  


Even my anti-banana taste testers approved of this bundt cake.  Moist and delicious with that cream cheese frosting...perfection on a plate.


Follow on Bloglovin

Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Hmmmmm....I don't like bananas...scratch that, I hate bananas. And I'm still tempted to try this cake!

Mix and Match Mama said...

The banana nut bread bundt cake has vanilla puddings instead of banana puddings and I use cinnamon (plus the frosting situation is different). Banana Nut Bread probably tastes more like a breakfast bread where this one tastes more like dessert.

Tiffany said...

We love banana pudding. Yum oh yum. Pretty sure this bundt is a winner!

Paula said...

Yummy

Nicole said...

I just got done baking this and maybe I mess something up but it's fallen. This is the second bundt cake recipe of the 100 that I've tried, I had plans to make one every weekend until I baked all 100. But now I'm doubting myself, both times, the cakes rose beautifully, checked for doneness, taken out, and both times they've fallen after taking them out of the oven and within 5 minutes. It appears in a couple pictures that your cakes have the crease half way up the cake to show they've fallen too so maybe that's the way they're supposed to be? Help please :(

Mix and Match Mama said...

Hmmmm...what do you mean a crease halfway up the middle? Do you mean they have fallen over? Of just deflated a bit? Heavier and more dense cakes like this one will not be as fluffy as say my Butterscotch one (because the banana makes it more dense...and also more moist) but it shouldn't fall. Email me and we can figure it out together!

Chelsea said...

My cake also fell, just about as quickly as Nicole's did. It's probably half the height the Mississippi Mud one, #87, I made. Did you and Nicole ever figure out what the deal was?

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm guessing it's that you didn't bake it long enough. The more dense cakes can often need more baking time.

Chelsea said...

That's a good possibility. I just wanted to let you know, even deflated, it was SO yummy! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...