Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sausage Crescent Breakfast Casserole


I mean, who doesn't love a breakfast casserole?  I'm pretty much obsessed with them.  

I actually made this casserole on a busy weeknight for dinner and not for breakfast.  I found this recipe in my Quick and Easy Autumn Cookbook and it was both quick and easy (and really yummy!).  The recipe calls for one pound of pork sausage but we substituted chicken sausage instead.  You make it how your family will love it.  I also made this casserole early in the morning and popped it in the fridge until suppertime...you could do the same thing for overnight as well and have it for breakfast.  Easy!


The recipe calls for one can of Crescent Rolls smoothed out over the bottom of a 13x9 pan...but if you can find these Crescent Seamless Dough Sheet at your store, it will simplify the process even more.  Look for this right there next to the basic Crescent Rolls.  If you can't find it, no worries, just place all of your Crescent Roll triangles across the bottom of your baking dish until it's completely covered.



Shopping List
1 can of Crescent Rolls (or the seamless dough sheet)
1 pound pork sausage (or whatever sausage your family loves)
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
good pinch of Salt & Pepper
1 1/2 cups of Cheddar cheese, shredded


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Spread your Crescent Roll dough across the bottom of a greased (I use Pam) 13x9 baking dish.  Set aside.

Brown your sausage in a skillet until crumbly and cooked.

Meanwhile, whisk your eggs in a small bowl with milk and S&P.  Once your sausage is browned, spread it out over your crescent rolls in the pan.  Pour your egg mixture on top of the sausage and sprinkle cheese on top of that.

At this point, you can cover and refrigerate until you're ready to cook it the next morning or you can go ahead and pop it in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.  The edges will be brown and the center not wobbly when it's done.

That's it!  This little casserole was so simple and so yummy!  We just loved it!

Print Friendly and PDF

25 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I love a good breakfast casserole, and this one looks DELISH! Going to try this for sure!

Julie C. said...

I'm thinking this is dinner tonight!! HAHA! I was just sitting here trying to figure out what I'm going to make...you made the decision for me :) I have never seen chicken sausage that you use. I have recently found these Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles; they are fully cooked & I always get the turkey one. Very yummy & EASY!!! Thank you for all your yummy recipes!!!

Paula said...

Your local grocery store must have a great selection. I have to drive 40 minutes for chicken sausage. :/ I go once a month and stock up though!

Babygirl said...

I make a sausage casserole that is almost identical to this, except I use bread in bottom, let it soak overnight, and then mix a can of cream of mushroom soup and a 1/4 can of milk, and pour over top of cheese before cooking...OMGawd...it's delightful!!

jojo said...

Love these super simple and yummy recipes! Sometimes I use frozen hash brown patties on the bottom!

Jaren said...

I make this every year on vacation for my family. We love it!

Grace Beekman said...

Oh my! SO easy and it looks so good! Great post! :)

http://sometimesgracefully.com

aprilparrish said...

So easy!!! Love it!

kteacher22 said...

My mom makes this! She got the recipe from a church event 20 years ago, and we make it every Christmas and Easter morning. The smell of this casserole means holiday!! Our recipe includes finely chopped green pepper and a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and oregano.

Anonymous said...

I would love to make this for my kids!!!

Laura said...

Making this tonight for dinner!

jen said...

Mmmm. Just perfect for fall! I am getting ready to put my fall decor out....I'm hoping you are too! A peek....pleaaaaaase? ;) ;) ;)

Mr.KhoaKaKa said...

This is a nice site. i'm a DJ Viet Nam.

Eileen said...

I made this for my family last Sunday. Delicious! My daughter already requested that I make it again Christmas morning.

Sara said...

Made this on Christmas Eve, and refrigerated overnight for Christmas morning. Perfection. Really, this is all I've ever wanted in a sausage and egg casserole!! Leftovers are delicious too. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Made this on Christmas morning and my entire family loved it!! There are not many things that please all five kiddos. They are asking that I make it again. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

Emily Clippard said...

I made this for my mother's birthday brunch and everyone absolutely loved it! Seriously, the biggest reaction I have ever gotten! Thank you!!

Katie McKenzie said...

Thank you so much for this recipe!!! So good!
Katie
godslittlegrace.blogspot.com

Amanda Bajin said...

Shay, I'm just so happy and excited to have found your food blog! (Through great friends that follow you and PTMT)!!! *{A tiny bit of background, I really dislike cooking, shopping for meals to cook, and trying new recipes. I'd eat cereal, wine and cheese, or sandwiches every day if I could---UNTIL I found YOU!}* Seriously, you make things so easy! This by far is my husband's FAVORITE meal I've made. He said, "Tell the mix and match lady how good it is". So hear I am, sharing my husband's love for your recipes!!! Thank you thank you!!! **Also, he requests some pork recipes. I haven't been able to find many. Thanks a bunch! xoxo

Melissa W said...

Just made this and it's doing double-duty for lunch today and breakfast tomorrow -- sooo yummy! Thanks, Shay!

JillianLee said...

Had this for dinner last night and it was delicious! Thanks for the super quick and simple recipe. Love that it has so few ingredients! :)

realmommypreneur.com said...

This looks really yummy! I'm sure my kids will love this. They already love the Crescent Rolls. Thanks for the idea!

William Kaderka said...

I happened to find your page through another blogger and I made this recipe tonight for the next few days to create a fast breakfast I need in the mornings. It's simple fast and pure delish!! We love it. Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

Do you cover while you cook??

Mix and Match Mama said...

Nope, cook uncovered!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...